Monday, November 23, 2015

Fatherhood

As I research and discuss the topic of fatherhood, I am further analysing the relationship I hold with my own father. I have a special relationship with my father, as I am the youngest child, following my five brothers. My father had a huge impact on my own life and also my brothers lives. I often see characteristics, whether good or bad, within myself and also my brothers. Personally, I have seen a profound impact of my father’s example in my life because I have learned how a man should treat me. My father has taught what a gentleman is and how vital it is in a relationship for a man to respect his wife. My father is extremely protective over me. My brothers have gained these traits from our father also, so they too are protective over me. My brothers learned manners and chivalry from our father. Without our father’s impact on us, we would not be the people we are today.

My mother is kind and sweet. She was not as disciplinary as my father was because he took on that responsibility, while my mother was more there for nurturing and comforting. She helped us in our emotional needs. This itself shows how much of an impact a father has on his children. It is important to have these gender roles in a family system because they are separate and extremely different.

No comments:

Post a Comment